APS 2007 has registered for use of IEEE PDF eXpress™. PDF eXpress will take your source files (word, dvi, etc.) and create a pdf that meets IEEE's guidelines. It is important to note that PDF eXpress converts the file, but you must still submit the converted pdf file to the APS submission website.
IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
To get to check your PDF file now, follow the link:
IEEE PDF eXpress Login Page
Conference ID: aps07
The new IEEE Xplore® Requirements for PDF will be enforced as of 2005. All conference articles submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specification for compatibility. IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
Steps for Submission
- Create your manuscript(s)
- Proofread and check layout of manuscript (it is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to IEEE PDF eXpress.)
- Create IEEE PDF eXpress account
- Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
- Use IEEE PDF eXpress to attain IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
- Submit final, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s) [per the conference instructions].
For more help and information please see the following links:
Tips for LaTeX users to generate usable PDF
If the above procedure still fails, try using IEEE PDF eXpress, which will accept dvi files and convert them.
- Generate your abstract using the aps2007.cls files, found in the Templates section below.
- # Convert to postscript using the command:
> dvips -Ppdf -t letter -G0 [filename]
The first switch forces the use of Type 1 fonts. The second switch forces letter paper, and the third switch eliminates ligatures (i.e. replacing fi with the symbol for Pound Sterling). The -G0 switch may not be necessary with recent distributions of LaTeX.
- Convert the postscript to pdf using Acrobat with the appropriate IEEE settings file from above.
CLS file for LaTeX